- Access to concept videos and concept presentations
- Access to programming videos and program download
- Access to videos of robot in action
ROBOTS BUILDING TECHNIQUES AND COMPETITION
- Build competition robot
- Build attachments
- Examples from past FLL Competitions
ROBOTS ARE GETTING BETTER, AND ARE HERE TO STAY
Robots are precise. They do not get tired. They only perform what they are instructed to do. Robots traditionally started making their ways to automobile industry. But, they have become more intelligent and agile. They are ready to take on more sophisticated tasks including performing surgery on human beings. As wages for labor increase, robots are utilizing robots to perform many repetitive tasks to remain competitive. This point is elucidated in the Wall Street Journal article, “Meet the New Generation of Robots for Manufacturing in June 2015. Wall Street Journal has published related article “What Clever Robots Mean for Jobs” in February 2015. Wall Street Journal April 2015 article “Robots Step Into New Planting, Harvesting Roles” informs the usefulness on the event of labor shortage. The field of robotics is growing. Many published industry articles buttress this fact. In a nutshell, robots are getting better and are here to stay.
ROBOTICS OFFERS CREATIVITY, ENGINEERING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND PROGRAMMING
Building robots to perform tasks involve creativity, engineering and problem solving. Robot motors, sensors, arms need to work collaboratively to perform missions. This intelligence is added through programming the robot to perform missions. We utilize LEGO® Mindstorms® EV3 robots for building robot, arms, and writing software to make the robot to perform missions. These missions consists of picking an object, detecting color, making the robot to follow a line, making the robot to pick and drop an object and many more. There is no better way to learn and practice STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) than to build robots and make them perform missions. It prepares the student to be ready for future and to put ideas into work. In the end, if offers teamwork and fun.
ROBOTICS NERD® IS YOUR BRIDGE TO THE FUTURE
- Learn robot-building techniques to master the creation of simple machines and clever contraptions using LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Education Kit.
- Learn robot programming to make the robot to carry out missions using EV3 Education version of the software.
- Perform missions; such as, making the robot to pick up objects, detect obstacle, follow a line, follow a maze, stay inside a circle, and many more.
- Practice novel mission ideas including build the robot and programming the robot.
- Practice prior year missions from robotics competitions
- Many robotics competitions are held annually. We help the students to form teams, practice and complete in the competitions.
- Building a robot and making it perform a mission is a lot of fun.
- Learning together is fun.
- Solving a problem is fun.
WHY ROBOTICS NERD?
To show students how science, technology and problem solving through robotics projects can not only be fun and rewarding, but can also be proven path to successful career and bright future for us all, especially at a time when the adoption of robotics is high.
Keep class size small; provide robotics kits to each student and to provide individual attention to the student so that the student can learn to the fullest extent.
Starting at Grade 4 and continuing through Grade 8, to make participants master both programming and robot buildings concepts and skills to participate in competitions and to prepare for the future.